You like to read about the events that have shaped the world and are fascinated by the ways in which those events unfolded.
At LSU, you will find faculty members who bring history to life every day. The department is one of the nation’s premier locations for studying Southern history. You will also be able to take courses on almost every part of the world and every era.
- Secondary Education: If you want to be a history or social studies teacher, the secondary education concentration will prepare you for teaching certification.
- Public policy analyst
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 2.0 GPA in all coursework (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- grade of “C” or better in ENGL 1001
- 3 hours completed in a general education analytical reasoning course
- 2.5 GPA required for Psychology, Communication Disorders, Secondary Education: English, Secondary Education: History, Secondary Education: French, and Secondary Education: Spanish majors
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 225-578-3141 for more information.
B.A., Bachelor of Arts
Course Load by Subject Area
- History & Law: ⚫︎⚫︎⚫︎
- Electives: ⚫︎⚫︎⚪︎
- Foreign Language: ⚫︎⚫︎⚪︎
- View all course loads