You love the French language and culture, and you want to learn more about its influence in the global marketplace.
Learn in a setting where native speakers are all around you. One of only 15 U.S. programs recognized by the French government as a Centre d’Excellence, our Department of French Studies can help you develop a command of the language, and introduce you to French-speaking cultures around the world, including Louisiana’s own.
- Secondary Education: If you want to teach French, you can do that, too. The available secondary education concentration allows you to pursue certification to teach while you are enjoying the courses you love.
- Language analyst
- Literary translator
- International aid coordinator
- International relations specialist
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 2.0 GPA in all coursework (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- grade of “C” or better in ENGL 1001
- 3 hours completed in a general education analytical reasoning course
- 2.5 GPA required for Psychology, Communication Disorders, Secondary Education: English, Secondary Education: History, Secondary Education: French, and Secondary Education: Spanish majors
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 225-578-3141 for more information.
B.A., Bachelor of Arts
Course Load by Subject Area
- Electives: ⚫︎⚫︎⚫︎
- Foreign Language: ⚫︎⚫︎⚫︎
- Reading & Literature: ⚫︎⚫︎⚫︎
- Communication: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- View all course loads