You have a keen interest in the economy—both domestic and global.
Economics is the study of how people choose to use resources. These can include the time and talent people have available; the land, buildings, equipment, and other tools on hand; and the knowledge of how to combine them to create useful products and services. Economics will provide you with analytical skills and a breadth of economic understanding that prepares you for a career in business or government or for further study in economics, law, or public policy.
Empirical Economic Analysis
Learn how to define and analyze economic problems using algebraic and statistical methods, and to identify the benefits and costs of a global economy.
- Economic forecaster
- Financial advisor
- Professional economist
- Public policy analyst
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 2.0 GPA in all coursework (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- grade of “C” or better in ENGL 1001
- 3 hours completed in a general education analytical reasoning course
- 2.5 GPA required for Psychology, Communication Disorders, Secondary Education: English, Secondary Education: History, Secondary Education: French, and Secondary Education: Spanish majors
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 225-578-3141 for more information.
B.A., Bachelor of Arts
Course Load by Subject Area
- Business & Economics: ⚫︎⚫︎⚪︎
- Foreign Language: ⚫︎⚫︎⚪︎
- Electives: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- View all course loads