You like to visit art galleries whenever you have the chance to gaze upon the works of great artists.
About Art History
Learn about a broad spectrum of artistic expression. The LSU art history program is among the finest and most comprehensive in the South. Our faculty members offer an extensive range of courses in the history of European, American, and Asian art, design, and new media.
- Art preservation and conservation coordinator
- Exhibit designer
- Museum or gallery curator
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 2.0 GPA in all coursework (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- grade of “C” or better in ENGL 1001
- 3 hours completed in a general education analytical reasoning course
- 2.5 GPA required for Psychology, Communication Disorders, Secondary Education: English, Secondary Education: History, Secondary Education: French, and Secondary Education: Spanish majors
B.A., Bachelor of Arts
Course Load by Subject Area
- Social Studies: ⚫︎⚫︎⚫︎
- Electives: ⚫︎⚫︎⚪︎
- Foreign Language: ⚫︎⚫︎⚪︎
- View all course loads