You love children and want to have a positive impact on their learning.
About Early Childhood Education: PK-3 Teacher Certification
The Bachelor of Science degree in early childhood education is a four-year, field-based program designed to prepare you to work in early learning environments, such as preschool programs and early primary grades (preK-3). As a teacher candidate, you will apply your course work to practical experiences by participating in field-based activities in early childhood environments and student teaching in diverse school settings.
- Pre-school or elementary teacher
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 24 hours of credit in 1000-level courses or higher
- 2.5 GPA (LSU and overall)
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Course Load by Subject Area
- Lab Hours or Field Work: ⚫︎⚫︎⚫︎
- Math: ⚫︎⚫︎⚪︎
- Technology: ⚫︎⚫︎⚪︎
- View all course loads
- Child & Family Studies
- Elementary Grades Education
- Dual Certification: General/Special Education
- Music Education