You enjoy being physically active and want to help others improve their lives through proper exercise.
Kinesiology is the study of human movement and the practice of helping people understand how their body performs, how to maintain proper physical health, and how to maximize their body's potential.
- Fitness Studies: This concentration focuses on health and human performance.
- Health and Physical Education Teacher Certification: This concentration prepares you to teach health and physical education, as well as coach in a variety of settings.
- Human Movement Science: This concentration prepares you to meet the prerequisites needed to attend medical, dental, or other allied health graduate programs.
- Physical Activity and Health: This is a broad undergraduate degree in kinesiology.
- Sport Studies
- Exercise physiologist
- High school coach
- Personal trainer
- Physical education teacher
- Fitness Professional
- Physical Therapist
- Physicians Assistant
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 24 hours of credit in 1000-level courses or higher
- 2.5 GPA (LSU and overall)
- Advanced placement in, credit for, or a grade of “C” or better in the following:
- English 1001 (1004)
- Math 1021 and 1022
- Biology 1201 and 1202
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Course Load by Subject Area
- Science: ⚫︎⚫︎⚫︎
- Communication: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- Electives: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- Lab Hours or Field Work: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- View all course loads