You are business-minded with a green thumb, and you also have an interest in how crops
are grown and distributed.
About Agricultural Business
Learn how raw products move from farm to table, including all of the functions of
agricultural business. This major will allow you to focus on management, marketing,
finance, and economics, while addressing questions and concerns involving the economics
and sociology of agriculture, natural resources, and rural communities.
- Agribusiness Finance: Develop your knowledge of agriculture finance to pursue a career in rural development
or investment practices.
- International Business: Learn about general agriculture practices while focusing on agriculture and international
- Rural Development: This curriculum prepares you for a career in which you can assist local governments
in nonprofit sectors to improve the livelihood and sustainability of rural areas.
- Agricultural extension agent
- Crop production specialist
- Data analyst
- Distribution and logistics manager
- Food distributor/wholesaler
- Food industry manager
- Land developer
- Public policy manager
- Rural development specialist
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue
pursuing this major.
- 2.0 GPA in all coursework (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- 2.0 cumulative GPA in courses toward degree requirements
- grade of "C" or better in ENGL 1001 and MATH 1021 or higher