Guidelines for Announcement Submissions
The Graduate School strives to provide graduate students with information on a variety of opportunities that provide an academic or professional benefit. Students, faculty, departments and organizations are invited to share information about events, graduate assistantships, fellowships, research opportunities, and other correspondence specific to graduate students. As you submit information for broadcast news, including for our weekly announcements, we ask that you consider the following guidelines:
1. Events must be specifically oriented to graduate students.
2. Notices for each Monday’s announcements must be sent to Chelsey Hutchins at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Thursday. If the request is not submitted by the deadline, we will publicize your information via social media if we have at least two business days’ lead time.
3. Due to a high volume of requests, notices can be posted no more than three times.
4. Please use our Announcements format when submitting information.
- For events, please specify the following details in your announcement: Event type (workshop, panel discussion, fundraiser, etc.), an overview for participants, and the time, date, and place for event. You are welcome to include a flyer which will be linked in your description.
- For graduate assistantships, please indicate the following details in a brief description: The date or semester in which the student may begin, primary responsibilities and duties, number of hours required per week, and application instructions (including the deadline to apply). You are encouraged to include a .pdf to provide additional details, such as candidate criteria, salary, and any other information that might be useful for graduate students who are seeking positions.
SAMPLE: The Graduate School’s Office of Academic Services is seeking a Graduate Assistant to begin in the Fall 2017. Primary responsibilities and duties include assisting in processing and approving doctoral Academic Course Plans, processing and approving master's and doctoral final examination requests, posting to the student records database, and preparing correspondence for the Academic Services Office. The position requires 20 hours per week Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Click here to see a full description, and to apply, visit InfoReady. Interested candidates are asked to apply by August 1, 2017.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Chelsey Hutchins at email@example.com or (225) 578-8435.