By submitting a Fall Fest sponsor application, the sponsor agrees to adhere to the above listed rules and guidelines. Questions or additional information regarding the Fall Fest sponsor rules and guidelines can be obtained by contacting email@example.com
Sponsor Rules and Guidelines
- Each sponsor will be provided one (1) 8’ long table and two (2) folding chairs in a designated 10’x10’ area on the Parade Ground for the duration of Fall Fest.
- Sponsor’s name will be included on Fall Fest event map (also posted online).
- Designated vehicle loading and unloading area near Fall Fest (Parade Ground).
- Parking spaces on campus will be provided, but may not be near Fall Fest (Parade Ground).
Parking will be based on sponsorship level as follows:
- Presenting: Five (5) reserved spaces on Tower Drive/Raphael Semmes, additional parking available in remote lot with shuttle to and from Parade Ground.
- Gold: Three (3) reserved spaces on Tower Drive/Raphael Semmes, additional parking available in remote lot with shuttle to and from Parade Ground.
- Purple: One (1) reserved space on Tower Drive/Raphael Semmes, additional parking available in remote lot with shuttle to and from Parade Ground.
- Booth: Two (2) spaces in remote lot on campus with shuttle to and from Parade Ground.
- Fair value of the 10’x10’ booth will be valued at $100 by the LSU Foundation. The cost above the initial $100 will be considered a donation to the LSU Foundation. (Please consult a tax advisor to understand this impact on sponsor’s financial situation.)
- Additional exposure points as identified on the Fall Fest website sponsor page.
- Sponsor can have their own logo/name on the following items:
- Table cloth
- Pop-up Tent (cannot be staked into ground)
- Promotional Items
- Display (ex. banner stands, pop-up banners)
- Staff apparel
- Sponsor cannot extend flags, banners, or any signage beyond eight (8) feet into the air, which will display up to the bottom edge of a 10’x10’pop-up tent.
- Cannot stake into ground to hold down tents, banners, or other items, may be weighted down through other means that do not pierce the turf.
- The sale of any item, product, service, good, or material is strictly prohibited.
- The creation or use of a dressing room within the 10’x10’ space is strictly prohibited.
- The recruitment of individuals for employment by the sponsor is strictly prohibited.
- All sponsor exhibits must ensure giveaways and activities comply with LSU Policy Statement 19: Environmental Health & Safety.
- Sponsors are not allowed to smoke or use any tobacco product while on the LSU Campus, as outlined in LSU Policy Statement 118: Tobacco-free Campus. Any individual violating this policy may be asked to leave campus.
- Sponsors are not allowed to have possession of or place on display firearms and other dangerous weapons while on the LSU Campus, as outlined in LSU Policy Statement 96: Firearm Policy. Any individual violating this policy may be asked to leave campus.
- Sponsors must not possess or consume any alcoholic drinks or other illicit substances while on the LSU Campus, as outlined in LSU Policy Statement 78: Serving, Possessing, and Consuming of Alcoholic Beverages on Campus. Individuals violating this policy may be asked to leave campus.
- Golf carts and other motorized vehicles are not permitted on the Parade Ground during Fall Fest, except those used by Fall Fest staff, emergency personnel, and for student & staff who need assistance with mobility and authorized by LSU Disability Services.
- Help make this a “green” Fall Fest by utilizing the recycling bins available when you tear down your exhibit and place all of your trash in the appropriate containers. Please encourage and educate Fall Fest attendees to use these recycling areas.
Promotional Items/Giveaways (Non-Food Items)
- Distribution of sponsor’s promotional material is permissible.
- No promotional items are allowed to have value above $2.50 each.
- Promotional items must include sponsor’s name or logo (eg., pens, cups, etc.).
- May give away a minimal value coupon valued at less than $2.50 (eg., free item at restaurant, discount coupon, etc.).
- Cannot give away or raffle items of value (eg., gift card, cash, free meal, free housing, etc.).
- May only hand out items within and immediately in front of designated stationary 10’x10’ area provided. Walking around event and handing out materials is not permissible.
- Cannot include any reference, symbol, or image that references Louisiana State University or LSU in any way on any printed material or produced item (no co-branding with LSU).
- A digital copy of any sponsor’s flyer and promotional giveaways needs to be submitted at least one (1) week prior to Fall Fest to ensure that it does not include any co-branding with LSU. Details on how to submit this will be posted online and communicated via e-mail to sponsor contact.
Promotional Items/Giveaways (Food Items)
- Food based sponsors providing tasting samples must be an approved LSU Licensed Caterer.
- Non-restaurant sponsors and restaurants that are not an LSU approved licensed caterer may only provide food that is pre-packaged and individually wrapped. Alternately, they may place a catering order through LSU Dining to provide approved food within their designated area.
- Restaurants and food-based establishments that are LSU approved licensed caterers may provide a sampling of food, but not a full meal. Any and all food items cannot have any real value above $2.50 (eg., a $5.00 sandwich cannot be given away, but that same sandwich is permissible if cut into two or more pieces with each individual piece being given to a different person).
Sponsors Not Permitted at Fall Fest
- The following sponsors are not permitted to participate in Fall Fest:
- Alcoholic Beverage Companies/Distributors
- Bars or establishments whose revenue from the sale of alcoholic beverages exceeds 50% of monthly revenue (Class AG Permit, Class B Permit, or Class C Permit)
- Casinos or similar gaming entity
- Tobacco companies
- Adult-oriented entertainment venues or adult-oriented product merchants
- Entities not permitted per exclusive contract with LSU (eg., Drink products not part of The Coca-Cola Company brand)
- Sponsor must be in good standing with LSU Finance & Administration and not have violated any campus policies over the previous year including, but not limited to the Guidelines on Distribution of Printed Material on the LSU Campus, LSU Policy Statement 82: Use of LSU Facilities and Premises, or LSU Policy Statement 6: Solicitation of Advertisement.
- Fall Fest is an outdoor rain or shine event. Due to the size and scope of Fall Fest, it cannot be relocated to an indoor location. In the event that the forecast calls for severe weather, a decision will be made no less than 48 hours in advance to move Fall Fest to an alternate rain date. This will be communicated through an e-mail to all registered sponsors, through notification on the Fall Fest website, and on all of the Campus Life social media accounts (@lsucampuslife).
- During the event, should severe weather occur, sponsor must follow announcements from the stage and direction from the Fall Fest staff regarding weather safety decisions made during the event.
Refunds will not be awarded. Once registered for Fall Fest, you are required to pay regardless if you cancel your registration.
By submitting a Fall Fest sponsor application, the sponsor agrees to adhere to the above listed rules and guidelines. Questions or additional information regarding the Fall Fest sponsor rules and guidelines can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.