The Office of Enrollment Management offers campus tours Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. These tours are meant for prospective high school students and their families. If you are interested in bringing a group or organization, please see “Group Tours” below. Check-in and registration for our tours begins at the Memorial Tower.
The campus tour includes a 30 minute information session and an hour long walking tour of LSU. The walking tour will showcase the main academic areas of campus. After the tour, you will have an opportunity to visit and explore various departments, depending upon availability.
- Residential Life tours take place at 1:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. on days campus tours are offered, and registration is not necessary to attend. Visit the Residential Life website to learn about housing opportunities on campus.
- Appointments with academic advisors should be scheduled in advance. Click here to contact your preferred department.
- Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid advisors are available on a walk-in basis at the front desk of Pleasant Hall from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. every weekday the University is open.
- Advisors for the University Center for Freshman Year are available by appointment from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. These advisors can help students with a broad overview of academic majors at LSU. The UCFY office is located in 150 Allen Hall. Click here to visit the UCFY website or call (225) 578-6822 to schedule an appointment.
Campus tours are only available for registration three months in advance. If you’d like to schedule a tour more than three months away, please check back closer to your preferred date.
Schedule Your Daily Tour:
Transfer Student Tours
Prospective transfer students are welcome to register for any of our daily campus tours, but we also offer a tour specifically for transfer students every Friday at 11 a.m. These tours are designed to give prospective transfer students a unique view of campus. The information session will be specific to the transfer enrollment process. After the information session, guests will participate in an hour-long walking tour of campus. Click here to register for a transfer student tour of LSU.
The Office of Enrollment Management periodically offers campus tours on Saturdays. Saturday tours include a 30-minute information session and an hour-long walking tour of campus. Saturday tours strictly provide a tour of campus, and no departmental or enrollment advisors will be available for appointments on these days. . Click here to check availability of dates and to register.
LSU group tours are intended for groups of high school students, and are available on weekdays the University is open, depending upon availability. Reservations should be made no later than two weeks in advance, and group tours are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis. If you are interested in scheduling a campus tour for your school or organization or if you have any questions, please contact our Campus Tours Office at (225) 578-6908.
Due to the increasing number of group tours we see annually, we are no longer able to accept reservations for groups with students under the age of 12 and/or students below the eighth grade. There are, however, several other available activities for your group on campus, such as exploring the Natural Science Museum, grabbing a scoop of ice cream at the LSU Dairy Store or visiting Mike, our live Siberian-Bengal tiger.
We do our best to accommodate your date and time preference, but due to campus events, university holidays or other special circumstances, we may have to consider alternative dates.
The following dates are unavailable for group tours, due to University events and closures:
- February 8th: Academic Showcase
- February 11th – 13th: Mardi Gras Break
- February 22nd: Academic Showcase
- March 11th – 16th: Midterm Examinations
- March 25th – 28th: Area School’s Spring Break
- March 29th – April 5th: Spring Break
- April 10th: Spring Invitational
- May 3rd: Preview LSU
- May 6th – 10th: Final Examinations
- May 17th: LSU Commencement
Tours are given rain or shine, so please prepare your group if inclement weather is expected.