Breakfast to Business
Breakfast to Business is a quarterly program presented by LSU Executive Education. The aim of the program is to provide timely, practical information and solutions regarding current business topics that affect the Baton Rouge community from a local, regional, and national perspective.
Breakfast to Business – Taking Control of Your Retirement Portfolio: What You Might Be Doing (or Not) that's Costing You and Your Employees Money
When: February 21, 2018 from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Where: 1420 Business Education Complex
Don M. Chance, Ph.D., CFA, James C. Flores Endowed Chair of MBA Studies and Professor of Finance at the E. J. Ourso College of Business at Louisiana State University will provide tips on how one can take better control of their own retirement portfolio. Prior to his academic career, Don worked for a large southeastern bank, now part of Regions Bank. He has been a visiting scholar at universities in Hong Kong, Australia, Korea, Singapore, Scotland, and in the U. S. Don has had numerous articles published in academic and practitioner journals and has authored three books: His current research is on foreign exchange risk management, dividend rights as executive compensation, the performance of random securities analysts, the measurement of alphas from option strategies, corporate boasting, and companies that move from the NYSE to Nasdaq. In 2015 Don received the C. Stewart Shepard Award for his many years of service to the Certified Financial Analyst Institute in the development of its educational programs.
- Networking panel, Making the Most of Business Networking in Baton Rouge
- Ed Leachman, Disaster-Proof Your Business with a Continuity Plan
- Michelle Boullion, Building Self-Awareness with the DISC Behaviors Assessment
- Entrepreneurship panel, Baton Rouge Entrepreneurship Week
- Lisa Traina, Cyber Security: Minimizing your Risk
- Heather Esposito, Are you LinkedIn?
- John Georges, Tales From a Serial Entrepreneur
- F. King Alexander, Looking Beyond My First 30 Days at LSU
- Aaron Dirks, Train to be a World Class Entrepreneur
- Karleen Green, The Affordable Healthcare Act
- Brian Andrews, Real Estate Trends
- Pete Bush, Financial Investing