Property Management, located in the River Road Annex Building at 3555 River Road,
monitors and facilitates the management of the University's moveable equipment inventory
and fleet management programs in accordance with regulations established by state
statute (Titles 39 and 24) and with various federal government regulations (CFR) when
Geographical areas of responsibility for Property Management include moveable property
for LSU, as well as the offices of the LSU System, LSU-Alexandria, LSU-Eunice, the
LSU Agricultural Center, including the Branch Stations of the Louisiana Agricultural
Experiment Station located statewide. The office also provides support services to
the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center.
The mission of Property Management is to facilitate the management of LSU's moveable
property inventory and motor vehicle fleet, ensuring compliance with all applicable
state and federal laws, rules and regulations. The department encourages the conservation
of University resources by promoting the availability of surplus items to campus users.
The vision is to excel at our mission in such a way that LSU is recognized by others
as an excellent steward of its property.
Top Employee Responsibilities for Property
- Comply with all property laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures concerning
identification, management and disposal of inventory property.
- Assist Property Management to ensure all movable property valued $1,000 or greater
is reported and tagged within 60 days of receipt (per State law) along with re-tagging
items as warranted.
- Immediately report property stolen to Police and Property Management.
- Immediately notify Property Management of any damaged property. Report any Risk Management
claims through proper channels.
- Must comply with State regulations regarding sanitization of security sensitive data
before any disposal method of computing devices.
- Never sell, loan, transfer, assign, entrust, or donate any inventory and non-inventory
property to any person or entity, or use property for personal or illegal purposes.
- Removal of equipment from campus is prohibited without prior approval by Property
Management. Complete an Off-Campus/Home Storage form.
- Dispose of inventory and non-inventory equipment properly. Surplus inventory and non-inventory
equipment to Property Management as soon as it becomes idle. Scrap/Dismantle or Transfer
only after written request and approval by Property Management.