- 3-D printer for rapid prototyping of functional ABS plastic 3-D models from CAD files (Pricing Information)
- 3-D scanner for generating high-definition 360-degree surface scans of objects
- High-speed camcorder and linear time warp editing capabilities
- Large-format printer for producing posters and CAD drawings on bond and photographic paper (Pricing Information)
- Wide format sheet-fed scanner with raster to vector software to convert legacy drawings to editable formats such as AutoCAD.
- Open-access PC workstations equipped with engineering, and scientific software
- Informal lounge area with portable whiteboards for group meetings and individual workspace
- Conference room equipped with the following:
- a SMART Board,
- camera/DVD recorder system,
- teleconferencing for project work, preparation, small group meetings, and presentation rehearsals, and
- web conferencing with GoToMeeting, Skype and AdobeConnect
- Support in creating visual presentations, including advanced PowerPoints, websites, video, etc.
- Feedback on written, spoken, and multimedia projects
- Support with professional digital portfolios
- Extensive inventory of audio-visual equipment and reference materials available for check-out
- Course enhancement support for faculty
Engineering Communication Studio
1233 Patrick F. Taylor Hall, 225-578-2632
Coordinator: Boz Bowles, firstname.lastname@example.org, 578-9952
Hours: Mon – Thu, 8:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.